Rice And Beef
Ahhh nothing like a filling homemade rice dish that not only you'll love, but also your kids! I showed my community on my IG page how to make this but I received so many requests to post the recipe in a blog post. We call this rice in our home “Red Rice and Beef”. Due to its popularity in many different countries and cultures, you’ll see this dish named so many different ways and also cooked a bit differently depending on the country and how our parents have taught us how to make it. For example, in parts of Africa, this dish is called Jollof Rice. I grew up in Congo, Africa, so this was a staple in our family. My mom made it her own way and this is how I make it for my kids today.
1 Pound Cubed Beef (Filet Mignon is a good option for soft chew)
3 Cups Extra Long Grain Rice
5 Cups Of Water
1 Onion Diced
2 8oz Tomato Sauce
Salt to taste
1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
1 Teaspoon Ms. Dash Table Blend ( Or Any Seasoning Blend)
3 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- Start by frying the cubed beef until the water from the beef has evaporated.
- Add Olive oil to the pan over the beef
- Add cubed onions and start mixing as the beef and onion cook on medium low heat
- Once the onion has taken some color add tomato sauce
- Add water, salt, black pepper and Ms. Dash table blend
- On high heat, wait until sauce mix starts to boil for about 3 min
- Add rice
- Once sauce starts to boil, lower heat to low low heat and cover
- Rice is ready once all the sauce has evaporated.
Frying Olive Oil, Beef and Cubed Onions
Adding 2 8oz Cans Of Tomato Sauce
Adding Rice To The Sauce
RICE IS READY!
This dish is great to enjoy with a side of salad