Printable Adult Coloring !
And How to Incorporate "Me Time" into your schedule.
This is my family room which, if you follow me, you are most likely familiar with. Color it any way you like! You are the designer. Click here to download.
During the chaos of every day life, we need to remember to carve out some "me time" away from the hustle and bustle of every day life. One of the things that I have always enjoyed as a young child and and adult is coloring! It helps me focus, helps with any stress I am dealing with and it helps clear my mind. It has also been a fun way to connect with my kids. Them with their coloring books and me with my adult coloring books. Anyone else gets excited about sharp coloring pencils?? Haha oh the simple things! The other day, I was coloring a flower from an adult coloring book and I thought to myself... I would love to color a page of a room filled with furniture and decor and customize the color palette while coloring! Make the room my own happy place. So I reached out to my friend Jeannette Melhem who is an artist and illustrator. I shared my thoughts with her and she was on it! Check out all 5 drawings she did inspired by pictures from my IG page! All for me and you to enjoy.
Why is "Me" Time Important?
Sometimes, you can get a bit lost by the many tasks and challenges in life and it can really put a damper on your happiness and well-being. Sure, you have responsibilities like kids and work, but if you aren't giving yourself enough attention, you will not be doing these tasks to the best of your ability. Basically, "me" time helps you be your best self!
Here is a sketch of my bedroom, my oasis in the house. I love to curl up on the love seat and watch movies. Download to color by clicking here.
Here is another angle of my living room that incorporates some of my favorite pieces from my collection! Click here to download.
How to Balance "Me" Time with your Responsibilities
I know it can be hard to find the time for yourself, but I promise, it isn't impossible! Here are a few things I have done to make time for me!
1. Sit down with your kids while the kids are doing homework and do a little "homework" of your own! This is a way you can spend time with your kids while doing something thats only for you.
2. Wake up early or stay up late: Many times, I will get my kids to bed and find a good book to read in my room once they are asleep. This time can be used for reflecting on your day and winding down while doing something you love. (It works in the morning too!) Have you every tried getting up before everyone else and have your whole home to yourself for an hour or two before your day starts? Glorious!
3. Schedule it into your day! This may seem easier said than done, but sometimes you just need to tell the world that you are taking an hour to yourself no matter what! Give your kids something to preoccupy them for an hour and then retreat to your office or bedroom for some alone time with your thoughts.
Ideas for things to do on your own
1. Paint your nails: Mani or Pedi, it will give you some much needed alone time and you will feel great when you are done!
2. Read a book by your favorite author: This one speaks for its-self- get your mind off of the day-to-day responsibilities!
3. Tidy up your bedroom: This is both productive and rewarding! It's something you can do on your own and maybe put on your favorite artist to jam to!
4. Watch a movie: No one said you couldn't watch a good romanic comedy on your own right?
5. Get yourself an adult coloring book or print out a few of my coloring pages and have some fun!
Here are some of my favorite items from my online shop styled in my home! Color the tulips whatever color you like and smile! You've got this! Click here to Download.
A fun vignette for your to customize! Love pairing coasters and a vase on a tray with some faux florals. Click here to download.
Keep it Up!
These tips don't only apply now, while being inside for long periods of time. It is important to remember to keep up your time to yourself once we are all back to work and busy with everyday activities. Making time for you is always important! YOU are important.